Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm Your Man

June 22/06 marks the first anniversary of this humble online journal blogspot otherwise known as FRANKtalk. It's been a real slice so far and hopefully we'll continue to be able to inform and entertain as we continue on our journey of musical and philosophical illuminations.

I wish to thank all of you who have taken time to read and review FRANKtalk on a regular basis this past year and thanks also to those very intelligent and highly creative bloggers who have honored me with supportive links to FRANKtalk at their own wonderful blog sites including Right Wing Bob, Small Dead Animals, Pro Ecclesia, The Great Pumpkin, Faithmouse, Either Orr, Let Freedom Reign and more who were early to recognize the unique spirit of my efforts.

Thanks as well to all of you who have bought and supported my music via CD & download purchases at our InDepth Links and via my other singer/songwriter website www.franktrainor.com The year ahead will encompass many surprising changes and much news in regards to my ongoing business and creative enterprises so you'll want to stay tuned for what's been developing here at FRANKtalk.

We're going to have some fun this coming year. I've been writing and producing some more new music for you too as there are a handful of exciting new songs already getting a lot of serious attention recently.

There will also be a few unexpected moves and some surprising news announcements made this coming year which will hopefully serve to inspire further recognition and acceptance of our creative purposes.

As has been the case since day one, I will continue to post on topics of passionate interest and concern in those areas of my experience and involvement that I think you’d appreciate & enjoy reading about.

I’m an artist. What I cover may not be widely appreciated by the masses. That’s ok... you like the novelty of my unique twist.

And that's what counts.

In the meantime, it's Fathers Day and everybody's wounded...

First We Take Manhattan

They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom

For trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

I'm guided by a signal in the heavens

I'm guided by this birthmark on my skin
I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

I'd really like to live beside you, baby
I love your body and your spirit and your clothes
But you see that line there moving through the station?
I told you, I told you, told you, I was one of those

You loved me as a loser, now you're worried that I just might win
You know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline
How many nights I prayed for this, to let my work begin
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin


I don't like your fashion business mister
And I don't like these drugs that keep you thin
I don't like what happened to my sister
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

I'd really like to live beside you, baby ...

And I thank you for those items that you sent me
The monkey and the plywood violin
I practiced every night, now I'm ready
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

I am guided

Ah remember me, I used to live for music
Remember me, I brought your groceries in
Well it's Father's Day and everybody's wounded
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin


First We Take Manhattan by Leonard Cohen
Copyright 1988 Stranger Music, Inc.
from the album "I'm Your Man"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. .