Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Saving Grace

















If anyone would come after me
He must deny himself
And take up his cross and follow me
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it
But whoever loses his life for me will find it - Jesus Christ



If you find it in Your Heart, can I be forgiven?
Guess I owe You some kind of apology
I've escaped death so many times, I know I'm only living
By the Saving Grace that's over me.

By this time I'd-a thought that I would be sleeping
In a pine box for all eternity
My faith keeps me alive, but I'll still be weeping
For the Saving Grace that's over me.

The death of life, then come the resurrection
Wherever I am welcome is where I'll be
I put all my confidence in Him, my sole protection
In the Saving Grace that's over me.

The devil's shining light, it can be most blinding
But to search for love, that ain't no more than vanity
As I look around this world all that I'm finding
Is the Saving Grace that's over me.

The wicked know no peace and you just can't fake it
There's only one road and it leads to Calvary
It gets discouraging at times, but I know I'll make it
By the Saving Grace that's over me.




Following Jesus Christ is a profound counter-cultural action.

It is a life of risk. It is not about safety.

But it is the opportunity to live a full life in the service of our Creator. It is an opportunity to live for that which we were made. Nothing could be more exciting or fulfilling. It's about following Jesus into the places that only those who have lost the fear of living can finally go. Jesus invites us to consider ourselves “dead men walking” precisely so that he can unleash us into a world that desperately needs souls who are not afraid of uncertainty, danger, and trials because they know that their true Master is with them always.



The Roadmap by David Warren
For those who were the builders of our civilization, as for those who may be the rebuilders, the task was and remains beyond the work of human hands. At the centre of the whole project was redemption in Christ. The biggest thing an individual can do, is to re-embrace that centre. He must endeavour less to change the world, than to change himself. And necessarily, to ask for the grace of God in doing so. For the project is no less than to rebuild Christendom: the foundation of the West. And this can only be done in human souls.

The buildings & the clothing, the art & the music, that mysteriously hopeful view of the universe -- these things are outward reflections of what is wrought in human souls. I believe the answer begins in personal conversion; in reading and thinking as deeply as we can about reality, and about our history. This requires courage: for you will be mocked. I would hold that the “roadmap” exists, in the Bible and the teachings of the Church and her saints. And that, while reason is our guide, the road is essentially sacramental.

Read the entire “Roadmap” piece by David Warren…it is profound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. .