Thursday, June 21, 2007

Friday On My Mind

As I mentioned in my previous post, June 22, 2007 marks the 2nd anniversary of this humble blog spot formerly known as FRANKtalk.

I'd like to thank every one of you who visits this site for taking the time to indulge our muse. Your interest in the ethereal emanations extending from my little corner of the vast universe is appreciated.

My thanks again also to those bloggers [identified in my last post] who have honored this effort by linking this page at their own sites.

You will find those writers along with several other interesting and important site links in my own sidebar scroll so check them out soon.

We changed our name to In Touch With The Mystery a while back in order to reflect an abiding sense of the spiritually enhanced creative impulse glimpsed darkly through art, music, literature, philosophy and theology. Such spiritual intimations and soulful illuminations are truly wonderful gifts for which we ought to be eternally grateful.

Our perspectives can easily encompass a wide spectrum of revelation occurring always and everywhere within our ephemeral domains. Our highest purpose in fact is to develop and nurture our uniquely human transcendental faculties to the greatest degree we can in our lives.

God and angels then meet us at that tremulous precipice to steady our tether and encourage us on our way back to the lost horizon.

The devil takes the hindmost. Ours is the duty to embrace Truth.

My purpose in creating a blog initially focused primarily on issues pertaining to professional songwriting and the music publishing business along with observations and casual commentary related to conservative philosophy. Also, it was my desire to relate a wealth of personal and music business related stories gained from a life of rich experiences lived both inside & outside the proverbial Gates of Eden.

That's a book in itself however so I may in fact be inspired at some point to compile those stories into a volume for future publishing.

Meantime, my lifelong passion for great songwriting, along with my passionate interests in artful, intelligent pop craft and the important core socio/cultural and political issues that have motivated me as a creative artist & writer for many long years, remain strongly in focus.

I love to write and of course, the mystery is always unfolding. I love the rich textures of our life. Always changing yet strangely familiar.

Also, I can't help myself from posting great pop/rock music video clips from time to time. Ok maybe a lot of the time. But my love of classic pop/rock performances as found on YouTube is irrepressible. The Easybeats performing Friday On My Mind is a recent example. I mean, just listen to that song...along with being the #1 pop hit song of all time from Australia, it also just happens to be one of the most memorable and defining records of my own earliest influences. This 1966 hit, among others, was absolutely pivotal in providing me with so much of my early formative development as a singer/songwriter.

Check it out in my May 20th post …[Walking On The Moon] …and incidentally, if these hooks don't kill then you may be already dead. Paul McCartney [Beatle Paul for you youngsters out there] was so rocked by this smash hit record the first time he heard it in his car, he immediately called the record label just to find out who it was.

While you're at it, check out Buffalo Springfield doing Mr. Soul with Neil Young at the helm [video clip directly below The Easybeats]

Again, if these songs and performances don't slay you, you may no longer have a heart full of soul and might require spiritual surgery.

The Moody Blues provide the details on that journey in The Voice [See clip immediately following Neil Young with Buffalo Springfield]

Still, time marches on. Everything changes. Nothing remains the same. Eventually all our precious treasures get lost in the rubble.

Minds can easily adapt however as our souls also must continue to expand by embracing the infinite reality of eternity now through the brilliant heritage of artistic expression and spiritual enlightenment in all creative human endeavors that reveal what we need to truly live.

It’s an epochal, transformative technological era in which we now exist surrounded by an endless sea of shallow distractions and toxic superficial amazements. But, even as we die laughing, evil is burning our putrefying slow rotting corpses into the Lost Souls of Asmodeus.

Not to worry though...everything’s gonna be fine…you’ll see...if you're lonely you can talk to me...but not now...and never here.

As Silvio Dante says..."our true enemy has yet to reveal himself"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. .